Private half day tour with wine & chocolate & traditional food tasting from MARBELLA
The ultimate experience! Enjoy a private tour of the picturesque village of Mijas Pueblo in Málaga, Spain.
Get a taste of traditional Andalusian village life with a private, half-day tour to this beautiful town from Marbella. Perched in the mountains above the coast, this charming village is a cluster of whitewashed buildings nestled into the mountainside. Visit this beautiful village with its traditional layout, narrow cobblestoned streets, and preserved Andalusian architecture: white houses, barred windows, and colourful plant pots. See the Arabic influences, visit the oval bullring, the historical sites, the museum and centuries-old churches. Enjoy a tasting session featuring fine Malaga wines, the typical Andalusian tapas and a delicious lunch/dinner within a medieval environment overlooking the entire coast. Mijas Pueblo also houses many art and handmade crafts shops so there is some free time for shopping as well. One of the unique things to do in Mijas pueblo is to visit the chocolate factory Mayan Monkey Mijas and to enjoy a chocolate making experience inside the factory itself.
Your guide will show you every corner of this town as you learn more about its history, the culture and the hospitality of the habitants. At the top of the village, it is a privileged point of the coast, you take in panoramic views of the surrounding areas and the Mediterranean.
Mijas Pueblo is famous for its mule taxis. Located just 30 km from Malaga it is the birthplace of the donkey-taxi. Since the middle of last century, the real protagonist of this small town is the donkey. One of the biggest attractions is climbing on the back of this beautiful animal or discover the village trap or coach with horses for a more comfortable ride.
Let yourself be carried away to a wonderful place where the clocks tick slowly and where you can enjoy the typical Spanish way of life for a moment.
The beautiful picture of endless white house’s climbing up the slopes of the Sierra de Mijas, in contrast to the deep green of the pines, offers one of the most recognizable and picturesque images of Andalucía.
Duration 4 h – 12.00 – 4.00pm
Start main square fountain Mijas pueblo
- Fountain Plaza de la Constitución – Townhall, Donkey Statue 15 MIN
- The Virgin of the Rock 10-15 MIN
On the Paseo ‘El Compas’ in Mijas village there is a shrine to the Virgen de la Peña, the Patron Saint of Mijas. If you are walking around the village, it is worth strolling up to the vantage point, where the decorative shrine is set into the rock. Legend has it that after five centuries of being hidden from sight, in 1586 two children were led there by a dove and their father uncovered the shrine.
- CHOCOLATE FACTORY: 45 min Mayan Monkey 29,95€ workshop 3 bars, truffles, bonbons, pralines , cake 45€ , groups:
Chocolate-making Experience at Mayan Monkey Mijas for the entire family!
The award winning chocolate factory has been featured on the BBC, Spain Television and various other shows. All the chocolate is organic, palmoil free and is ethically sourced and sustainable.
Learn to make the chocolate bars of your dreams!!!Our Chocolate-making Experience is a fascinating introduction to the history and origins of Chocolate as well as the art of chocolate tempering. The most exciting aspect is hands-on: each participant gets to make 3 of their own chocolate bars, (truffles, bon-bons, dipped fruits and chocolates on a stick optional) learning to design, paint, mold, vibrate and demold whilst tasting chocolates from around the world! There are forty-two ingredients to choose from, including chilli, sea salt, strawberries, caramel and many more! We tailor the contents of the workshop to suit the ages of participants. In workshops for children, the emphasis is more fun-based, whereas with adults, we can get more technical, and explore the science, geography, etc in greater depth. Workshops run daily ,7 days a week in our professional craft-based factory. The chocolates are chilled and packaged and you can leave them with us for later collection whilst exploring the beautiful village of Mijas Pueblo with your guide. Don’t forget to try our unique flavoured ice-cream & sorbets with natural ingredients!
Historical Museum Casa Mijas : 15 min
4. Balcony de Pepa: 15MIN – PHOTOCALL
5. Visit of the caves – Plaza de los siete caños , The Shrine of our Lady of Los Remedios (Santa Ana)
In the very heart of the old part of the village, in Plaza de los Siete Caños, you will find this little church. This 17th Century building better known as Iglesia de Santa Ana and like its immediate surroundings, it has retained the simple Andalucian enchantment over the years is still very much part of the old village
6. Plaza de la Constitución, San Sebastian Church, (Plaza de la Libertad)
7. Visita plaza de toros, Alcazaba de Mijas Pueblo, Muralla de la fortaleza, parador, iglesia inmaculada de la concepción, los jardines (¡botánicos!
8. The Municipal Auditorium
In the midst of the gardens and built into the Fortress walls, is the open-air theatre/auditorium, where many cultural events, including the August Theatre Festival is held. In the close proximity of the bullring and the church, the auditorium and surrounding area is the perfect place to enjoy a wonderful evening of culture and entertainment on a warm summer’s night.
9. Look up: Shrine of Calvario
10. Parish Church – Iglesia de la Concepcion , The fortress (La Alcazaba)
As you approach Mijas village, if you look up above the village, on the side of the mountain, you will see a small while building – this is the Shrine of Calvario. Built in 1710, this small place of worship was visited by Carmelite monks who would go there for spiritual reflection and contemplation. You can reach it by walking up through the trees, on a path marked with iron crosses. It is only open on the evening of Easter Friday, but many people walk up there throughout the year, to be at one with nature and to take in the breath-taking views down along the coastline and the sparkling sea.
11. Last Stop: ALCAZABA RESTAURANT /OSCARS PIZZARIA – LUNCH /DINNER
12. La Alcazaba Restaurant is perfect for trying any national or international delicacy. Its privileged location means that you can also enjoy some spectacular panoramic views. All its dishes are made with olive oil. Choose from its varied menu and its different menus.
Something else… Look up: On the way back, look up over the roofs of the town, At the foot of the Sierra de Mijas, you will see a small building, this is La Ermita del Calvario. Build in In 1710, it was visited by Carmelite monks who came there for spiritual reflection and prayer. I know You can get there by walking along a path between the pine forests marked with crosses (via crucis). It is said that it was used as a spiritual retreat by the Carmelite monks who guarded the Ermita de la Virgin of the Rock.
Places of interest: Carramatom- miniature museum, flour mill, bullfighting museum, shops of crafts
– Observe the highlights of the picturesque town of Mijas Pueblo
– Visit the highlights such as the chocolate factory, secret gardens and balconies and enjoy of the breathtaking views
– Live a flamenco show or stroll through the weekly market
– Experience an optional donkey taxi ride
– Accredited guide for a personalized experience
– Optional hotel / limo pickup and drop-off for groups
– Confirmation at the time of booking
– Children need a companion
– Email is required
– Dress code: casual
– In case of rain, the tour will be canceled.
– This activity is not accessible to wheelchair visitors
– This is a private activity. Only your group will participate
– The local guide will meet you in Mijas Pueblo
Cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours prior to the start date of the experience.